The new Rehabilitation Hospital of Northern Indiana serves the needs of the Mishawaka community, just across the street from the St. Joseph Health System campus. The 40-bed rehabilitation facility is centered around patients who are going through rehabilitation from stroke, brain injury, amputation and a range of medical conditions.
– 40 Inpatient beds for long term rehabilitation care
– “Home-like” transitional rooms with private bathrooms for patients to learn how to care for themselves on their own before graduating the program
– Dedicated spaces for Activities of Daily Living such as a full working kitchen, laundry facilities, and other adaptive equipment to help simulate home life and facilitate independence
– A cafeteria and social area for meeting with friends
– A large, open therapy gym with various levels of rehabilitation equipment
– An outdoor ADA therapy garden